SHSAT Prep at Resource Room
Resource Room provides a rigorous and comprehensive review course for the New SHSAT Exam.
Each course is taught by the same instructor throughout the duration of the program.
Students receive homework after each lesson and three diagnostic assessments are administered throughout the course to monitor student progress and to mimic the actual testing environment students will encounter in October.
Our students are consistently offered admission into specialized high schools each year including S.I. Tech, Brooklyn Tech, and Stuyvesant.
- Private Tutoring is available at any time for the SHSAT at Resource Room.
- Small Group Instruction will be offered for the Summer of 2019 and the Fall of 2019.
SHSAT Prep courses are available at both Richmond Road and Forest Avenue Locations in Staten Island
Tuition for our SHSAT Course that runs from July through October is $999.
2 Sections are Currently Booking. Schedules are posted below:
- 42 Hours of Direct Instruction led by NYS Teachers
- 3 Full-Length Diagnostics
- All Practice Materials and Homework Included
- The course begins in July and runs right up to Exam
|SHSAT: Richmond RD||Date:||Time:|
|Class 1||Monday, July 08, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 2||Wednesday, July 10, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Diagnostic 1||Friday, July 12, 2019||10 am - 1pm|
|Class 3||Monday, July 15, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 4||Wednesday, July 17, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 5||Monday, July 22, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 6||Wednesday, July 24, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 7||Monday, July 29, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 8||Wednesday, July 31, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Diagnostic 2||Friday, August 02, 2019||10 am - 1pm|
|Class 9||Monday, August 05, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 10||Wednesday, August 07, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 11||Monday, August 12, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 12||Wednesday, August 14, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 13||Monday, August 19, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 14||Wednesday, August 21, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 15||Saturday, September 14, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 16||Saturday, September 21, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Diagnostic 3||Sunday, September 22, 2019||10 am - 1pm|
|Class 17||Saturday, September 28, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 18||Saturday, October 05, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|Class 19||Saturday, October 12, 2019||10 am -12 pm|
|SHSAT: Forest Ave||Date:||Time|
|Class 1||Saturday, July 13, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 2||Saturday, July 20, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Diagnostic||Sunday, July 21, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 3||Saturday, July 27, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 4||Saturday, August 03, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 5||Saturday, August 10, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 6||Saturday, August 17, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 7||Saturday, August 24, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Diagnostic||Sunday, August 25, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 8||Saturday, September 14, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 9||Saturday, September 21, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 10||Saturday, September 28, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 11||Saturday, October 05, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Diagnostic||Sunday, October 06, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 12||Saturday, October 12, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 13||Sunday, October 13, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
|Class 14||Monday, October 14, 2019||10 AM-1 PM|
Use the contact form below to either:
- Request a call back for more information on our services.
- Make a payment or deposit for a specific service.
Your request is being submitted.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Thinking about attending one of New York City’s Gifted High Schools?
The Specialized High School Admissions Test includes:
- Reading: students analyze and interpret passages by answering questions
- Verbal: Grammar Rules and text-based editing.
- Mathematical word problems and computational questions
- Problems in arithmetic, algebra, probability, statistics, and geometry (Multiple Choice)
- Open-ended Math questions. (Not Multiple Choice)
We offer Individual One-to-One instruction or Small Class Instruction. Our SHSAT Prep is intensive, focused, and taught only by licensed NYS Teachers.
Which NYC High Schools Require the SHSAT?
- Staten Island Technical High School
- Stuyvesant High School
- Brooklyn Technical High School
- The Bronx High School of Science
- The Brooklyn Latin School
- High School for Mathematics, Science, and Engineering at the City College
- High School of American Studies at Lehman College.
- Queens High School for the Sciences at York College
- Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts
Why should we use The Resource Room for SHSAT Prep?
SHSAT prep can be challenging and every student has unique learning needs. The Resource Room focuses on individual needs and never moves on to a new topic without building a full understanding of the previous topic.
Our classes are rigorous, taught by licensed Math and English teachers, and provide comprehensive classwork and homework materials from a variety of sources.