S.T.E.M. Programs at Resource Room
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Education
- Resource Room partners with Wagner College’s Department of Lifelong Learning to provide a full line of instructional courses that includes LEGO Robotics Classes
- Resource Room is the only learning center on Staten Island currently partnered with an accredited college.
- Multiple offerings throughout the year.
- Classes held at both Wagner College and Resource Room Forest Avenue
In a technology based world, early exposure to such disciplines is advantageous to your child’s academic success. We invite you to explore one or all of our S.T.E.M programs listed below this semester.
Robot Mania “WeDo 2.0” Lego Robotics
Grades K-2, Ages: 6-8
Fridays: October 15 to December 10 (No Class 11/26) | 5:30 PM to 6:45 PM | Click here to Register
Cost for Program: $299
In this all new next generation of LEGO Robotics class, students will be introduced to using technology as a means of interacting with and exploring the natural world. Each lesson will have a hands-on approach to robot building and coding lessons that will be used to support creative and critical thinking skills. At the end of the program students will not only have gained introductory coding skills, but will also be able to think critically about how we can help protect our planet.
Special Note: This class is in partnership with Wagner College Department of Lifelong Learning and will meet at the Wagner College Campus.
Lego Robotics City Shaper
Fridays: September 24 to December 17 (No Class 11/26) | 4:45 PM to 6:45 PM | Click here to Register
Cost for Program: $389
Builders and architects unite in order to help prepare our city with structurally sound bridges, buildings, homes and more. Everything from alleviating crowded streets, creating safer homes, and providing easier access for the public, LEGO’s CITY SHAPER is the latest map where we can team up and tackle the obstacles that stand in our way.
Collaborate and strategize with others in a positive learning environment where high energy and the sharing of ideas is encouraged. Teams will build and modify their robot in order to complete various tasks and missions as we work together and learn how to program and problem solve using hard work and creativity.
* 8-year-olds with at least one previous semester of WeDo Lego Robotics are permitted.
Special Note: This class will meet at our partner school, Wagner College Campus, Staten Island. Any questions please call Department for Lifelong Learning at 718-390-3221
Resource Room is proud to bring high quality and cutting-edge S.T.E.M Programs for all children ages 5 through 13. Taught at our 534 Forest Avenue location.
The Resource Room’s after school and summer S.T.E.M Programs engage students in real-world science and engineering. Our instruction targets skills like problem-solving, creative -thinking, decision making, classifying, and team building. All of our programs are hands-on and engaging for children between the ages of 5 through 13.
We work to bring scientific and engineering based instruction into everyday experiences. Whether learning through the eyes of an engineer, robotics designer, physicist, geologist, or ecologist, every session will provide experience in many disciplines of science.
As a team, students will build, design, and explore how their creations can be used to solve real-world problems within the design, construction, and environmental realms.
Please Contact us by Phone at (718) 838-0085 to register.
Programs Ages vary. Programs are offered throughout the year for children ages 5 – 13:
- Our group sessions are never overcrowded. This allows for collaboration, plenty of individual attention from instructors, and advancement of group thinking and communication skills.
- Our classes are Taught by NYS Licensed Teachers
- Our classes are targeted to encourage advancement in STEM coursework but also foster creativity and group collaboration.