TACHS Prep at Resource Room
Click Here for our SHSAT Prep in Staten Island
The TACHS Exam is for Admission into Catholic High Schools and is administered to students in November of their 8th Grade School Year. 100% of Last Year’s students received their first choice school!
The 2018 TACHS Test will be administered at the beginning of November 2018
SHSAT Prep is for NYC specialized high schools. Please click here for information.
Our TACHS Offerings:
Richmond Road and Forest Avenue
Option 1: Private One-to-One (all year, by appointment)
Option 2: Small Group Instruction (Summer and Fall)
Richmond Road and Forest Avenue Summer 2018:
Two Sections Currently Booking: Tuition for TACHS Summer Course is $480.
- 8 Weeks of Instruction (2 Classes Per Week)
- 2 Full-Length Diagnostics (Proctored and Timed)
|Class||Meets||Start Date||Time||End Date|
|Section R1 (Richmond RD) Currently Booking||Every Monday & Wednesday |
(8 Week Course)
|Monday, July 9, 2018||10:00a.m. - 11:30a.m.||Wednesday, August 29, 2018|
|Section F1 (Forest Avenue)|
|Every Tuesday and Thursday (8 Week Course)||Tuesday July 10, 2018||10:00a.m - 11:30a.m.||Thursday, August 30, 2018|
|Section R2 (Richmond Road)||TBD|
|Section F2 (Forest Avenue)||TBD|
Please fill out the Registration Form below if you would like us to call you with any further information or have general questions regarding the exam or our future offerings.
Private Tutoring for TACHS is available at any time during the year. Small Group sessions begin in July and run through the Summer.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Use the Form Below to Request Information:
While there are many options for TACHS prep on Staten Island The Resource Room has a distinguished approach:
- Our rates for individual one-to-one sessions is highly competitive and taught only by licensed teachers with special skills in both ELA and Math.
- Large class settings move at a quick pace and do not fit individual learning styles
- We have licensed Special Education Teachers on staff and our work for Students with IEP’s is highly specialized and individualized.
- Our sessions are focused, rigorous, and thorough.
When is the TACHS Exam and what does it test?
- The Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools is administered in November of the students 8th Grade School Year.
- The exam consists of vocabulary, language fluency, reading comprehension, mathematics, logical and deductive reasoning, sequencing, and associations.
- Each of these topics will be reviewed, practiced, and tested according to exam standards and student need.
We recommend visiting the following site by clicking on the link below. *Parents of students with IEP’s or 408’s should especially look at the tab “special needs” on the site*