SAT Tutoring at Resource Room:
One-on-One or Small Class Instruction
The SAT is one of the main determining factors for College Admission. Our SAT Prep is of the highest quality and taught ONLY by licensed teachers with years of SAT Prep experience. and a strong track record of success. The average student increase is between 200 and 250 points after prepping with our program.
For October, November, and December SAT Private one-to-one tutoring is currently taking place. To book an appointment or a consultation please call us at 718-873-5323 (Richmond Road) or 718-838-0085 (Forest Ave)
- Private one-to-one SAT and ACT tutoring can be scheduled year-round at both Richmond Road and Forest Avenue locations.
January 2019 SAT Class Registration is Open. Classes Begin January 2, 2019. The Full Schedule will be posted September 15th.
Richmond Road (2 Sections) *Includes a 2 week ACT Introduction at the conclusion of the SAT Instruction
Monday and Wednesday (6:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Tuesday and Thursday (7:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
Forest Avenue (1 Section) *Includes a 2 week ACT Introduction at the conclusion of the SAT Instruction
Wednesday and Saturday (Wednesday 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm) (Saturday (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Tuition for the Course will be $1,350. The course will include approximately 50 Hours of Total Instruction, 3 full-length SAT Diagnostics (Scheduled separately from the instructional time) 1 full-length ACT Diagnostic, and online resources provided by Resource Room).
For immediate assistance, any questions, or to request an in-person consultation please call us at:
What distinguishes the Resource Room’s Private (One-to-One) SAT Approach?
- Our students consistently achieve a 200-250 point increase after prepping with us.
- Our Private SAT Prep program is determined by the individual needs of the student.
- We use the highest quality Diagnostic Tests to determine what level the student is on and where they need help
- Each session is structured to meet individual needs, we introduce strategies specific to their learning style
- Periodic assessments measure progress and we conference with Parents and Student immediately after
- We guarantee the same tutor throughout the duration of the program. All are licensed teachers with extensive experience.
- We use cutting-edge techniques and drills to maximize timing, strategy, and stamina.
- After every session we provide a breakdown of each topic covered, explain the next steps, and assign practice assignments
What does the SAT Test Cover?
SAT Verbal focuses on critical reading and grammar editing skills.
SAT Math relies heavily on basic arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, data analysis, and applied math.
This course will also include a discussion of the effective use of a graphing calculator. We recommend and use the Texas Instruments version.
SAT Writing focuses Grammar usage and essay writing skills
We highly recommend one-to-one tutoring for students who are below grade level, who struggle with Math or Writing in school, have Special Education Needs, or who have test anxiety. We work to build confidence, focus and most importantly Stamina. The SAT is a four (3) hour examination (possibly six (6) hours for students who receive extended time). Maintaining focus for such a length of time is key to high performance on the exam. This is often overlooked by most tutors and centers.
For students on or above grade level, we recommend small class instruction. Small class instruction works well for students who have performed well on the PSAT, have excelled in Math and ELA in school, and who need refined skills and advanced strategies.
You will find that our sessions are high energy, individualized, and promote focus, organization, and confidence.